Monday, October 6, 2008

Autumnal Equinox, September 21st, 2008

Rain again. I am thankful that my body can still run, because without running, this weather would lead to depression. Writing in Californian FB font wishing for some SoCal weather, though I guess this is about right for NoCal.

Umbrellas are silly. If it is going to rain, I want to feel the cold stinging against my face, slight penetration of my old jacket at the shoulders, and full visibility of the racing low dark clouds. I am constantly annoyed by others' umbrellas as I am poked, hit, and bashed. People are blinded by them, stupefied by fear of dampness, unwilling or unknowing to lift them up and let me pass. I weave and duck my way through their colorful domes, laughing when gusts discombobulate their occupant's best efforts to stop nature with a shape that was meant to fly in the wind.

Children have unfathomable amounts of energy. Listening to the teacher less classroom next door, I cannot distinguish the myriad levels of social relations that unite the band in their war against authority.

I look forward to seeing my brothers in December. I dread the 9 hour days and 15 hour nights that are coming. At least there are lots of holiday celebrations and food.

I finally got gmail on my mobile phone. Pretty cool to have that ability, especially on days like today when the internet isn't working in school and Nathaniel is making his way toward me without a cell phone. Super happy that Nathaniel is visiting.