Friday, November 21, 2008

Today..

What was the other story I wanted to tell? Something about when the
transmission dropped out of the bus I was riding on, and I ended up
standing on a windy cold roadside in the wind for 2 hours watching
trucks full of sugar beats rumble past and hoping that the next rain
shower would miss. Everybody else on the bus was headed for a big
city, and it was not long before a bus came that would get them there
in a round about way. I however was headed for a little town.

Now, why do I write so rarely in my blog? This semester I have decided
to be a good teacher. Last semester I was ok, but there is a big
difference between those designations. That difference is defined by
preparation time. I have the spirit, I love the kids, I'm not afraid
to do ridiculous things to keep my kids engaged, but all those things
take planning so that I can implement them.

On top of that, I've been preparing HIV/AIDS lessons for the health
classes and helping out with the Tolerance program in the EuroClub and
preparing for international Aids memorial day in 9 days and writing a
grant to train some of my students to be trainers and go to village
schools and conduct trainings.

Now, need permission to take off for thanksgiving...