Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Autumn Leaves Falling on Winter Hopes of Spring

two years and no trust in student centered learning
no chance to take a class through the joys of communicating with a foreign language
two years and trusted only to play with them

"We're giving you younger students this semester because we feel that you don't focus on grammar enough to prepare our students for their standardized tests"
Ok, well if you don't feel that using language is at all useful for grammar, then fine, just do drills and fill in the blank exercises all day.

It's ok, still get to see some of my favorite 8th, 9th, and 10th class, even if it is done on the dl

Good thing teaching English is only one third of my work right now. The other thirds are with my Ecology club, which has become a Project Design and Management club, and with my Healthy Lifestyles club, which is focusing on abstinence from drugs and sex now.

My mind is spending more and more time on the other side of the Atlantic
dreaming of being back in an academic setting
getting some more skills so that the next time I have a wonderful opportunity to live and work as a agent for change