Wednesday, November 25, 2009

shedding possessions

Who would guess that it was possible to collect so much stuff over two years?
We really are like pack rats. This moving habit of mine keeps the possessions to a minimum, but even so, impressive.
I have between 8-10 days left in Ukraine, depending on which truck driver I catch a ride with. Questions of sustainability are weighing heavily but when I think of individuals whose lives I have affected and who have changed me, I recognize a mirror effect. So if I feel those changes within me, I'm sure they are within those people as well, and those changes are sustainable. 
A more open mind, flexible priorities and unlimited generosity is what I've learned to value.
I'll be interested to read my students' blogs to see if I can find any of my influence there. (where did I put that link?)
It's interesting how for me, because I'm in Ukraine, for a set amount of time, this part of my life is beginning to have clear edges, defined by location. My students experiences with me however are not contained within within any frame. Just another year at school, with some weird American guy, but still, just normal life.
Cold autumn rain.
One more essay to write and resumes to edit.
How do you end a blog?