Saturday, December 8, 2007

So close

Just a few more days of training left.
On tuesday I will teach a demontratin class for peace corps officials to show that I can teach english to 7th graders using the communicative approach. Then my cluster will conduct a teacher training community project.
On wednesday I will have my language proficiency interview
friday we will throw all the teachers a party
saturday we will have a party with the host families
and Monday morning we are off to Kyiv to become official volunteers
they will give us heaters, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, and a whole lot more paperwork.
by wednesday next week I will be in Veliky Mosty, just in time for winter holidays,
but it will be good not to have to start teaching immediately
looking forward to the winter solstice
we had one cold week, but it's been mostly above freezing
aparently winter really starts in january
all very exciting, very busy, and busy
still keeping up about 30-40 miles/week
mostly in predawn darkness on deserted country roads
internet time has run out again, perhaps I will have more regular access at my new site. Happy holiday season...