Wednesday, February 13, 2008

social willpower

do I have it?
to invite people over and make dinner to celebrate my birthday?
I will to take advantage of valentines day and have all my students write cards in English tomorrow. I prepared a few of my classes for this task, others will be surprised. I have watched the first round of tests in my classes, as they have all covered about one unit since winter break. The cheeting in increadible "we help eachother, it's cultural". What are you going to do on your college entrance exams? I want to write the next set of tests, and administer them differently. I may let them work in teams of two, but they will take the test according to my rules, not constantly bending them. It was hard to watch them open their books when the teachers back was turned, and even pass notes, trade notebooks and shout answers. Weird.