Friday, September 19, 2008

Blog block.

I have so many things to write about when I'm not around a computer or don't want to turn it on, but then when I want to write something, I have nothing to say. So, like any communicative situation when there's really nothing worth saying, I'll start with small talk.

         The old classic, weather. Every day this week is 50F and raining. The weather prognosis says there might be slight relief on Saturday. I have been on and off with running and the weather feels colder and wetter on days that I don't get my blood moving with a morning run.

         Achilles still hurting, got a prescription for physical therapy but haven't gotten over there to actually sign up. Part of me is waiting for a schedule because I want the therapy to be part of a routine, something that will fit with a disciplined life of stretching, yoga, abs, running and healthy eating. Why am I so dependant on routines?

         So how is work going? I don't have any work yet. Still waiting for a schedule. The assistant principle in charge of assigning me classes had a meeting in the district center on Tuesday, and a birthday party to go to yesterday, so, still waiting.

         Saw "The Barber of Seville" Rossini Opera in Lviv last night. No super musical skills, but good energy and pretty funny. My new phone works great for Ukrainian, but having some coding troubles getting internet. The only page I can access on my phone is facebook, and the only one I want is gmail. I'll get it fixed eventually, and then I'll get the bigger memory card to have 2gb of music and pictures. Look out ipod, you could be replaced. It's nice that the phone can read all types of music files, I can put them on and off without itunes, and get them from other people through Bluetooth. New gadgets are so fun.

         The internet at my school keeps getting better, so I am reluctant to pay for internet through my phone at home, even though I do want to figure it out, just to have the ability, especially if I decide to apply for grad school.

         Well there is about to be a class in this computer classroom, so maybe I'll go check one of the other two. Really hope I get the biology and health classes that I have been promised.

         Why can't I think of anything entertaining to write on this blog? I guess that I have grown accustomed to all things Ukrainian so that I no longer find them entertaining. They just are. My life just is, and why would anyone want to read about that? I really hope Nathaniel makes it out here on his Europe wanderings. Other than that, I really just need to start teaching so I have some stuff to work on. Starting to feel useless.