Wednesday, September 3, 2008

School has started, but I have not

I got a new phone which will let mу use gmail as soon as I set it up. It also understands Ukrainian, which means the end of blacked out texts. Goodnews. It may also let me get internet on my laptop if I use it as a modem. All these tricks require coordination between my mobile provider and the software on my phone which is sort of tricky because it is a brand new model, so my provider doesn't have the settings all worked out yet.

 

On sunday I missed a wide open goal from 2 meters out, just a supeк soft volley which the golie had no trouble blocking. It's better than slamming it over the cross bar, but still, come on. I'm pretty rusty, been skipping soccer practice because the less I play soccer the better my Achilles feels. I've been running this week and that seems to be helping my flexibility and the Achilles is no worse ofа for it. The auto correct feature on this version of MSword keeps making things into Russian words. Great.

 

First day of school was on Monday. Didn't prepare as much as I wanted, but I'll probably still have time this week seeing as I don't actually have a teaching schedule yet. In fact most teachers don't have a schedule yet, the kids are just getting their books, and man this would drive me crazy if I had any power.  Where is the efficiency, planning ahead and just do it attitude? Older americans say that stuff is slipping away in america too, but I am going to bring a boatload of it home with me, because it sure beats the alternative. Patience.