Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cold Muddy Water

Locked out of my apartment by my landlord with a key that I don’t normally carry let to the discovery that he had already sold the apartment where I live and I have one month to move out. Why didn’t my school director tell me? She surely knew. It upsets me how she takes everything into her own hands, worried to let anyone else have power. This means lots of work for her and bitterness for everyone else, most of whom feel powerless.
I got the key back by bus the next morning after spending the night at another teacher’s house. I love how things can be sent by bus here, even laptops can be sent between cities for a few dollars, only requiring someone to meet the bus as it comes through the village and pick up the item.
As usual, teaching schedule up in the air. I have Ukrainian Language Refresher next week, so I really won’t start teaching until February 2nd. Looks like the grant money should arrive soon for my PEPFAR project and hopefully all the other parts will also fall into place.
Fell hard into a mud puddle on my way to school this morning. I’ll blame the rain falling onto the ice as well as being momentarily distracted. Decided to go home and change rather than show off my muddy dress pants to the whole school. I didn’t have to teach first period anyway. Glad tomorrow is Friday. Feel like I need a weekend to regroup.