Thursday, March 27, 2008

Yesterday

Chocolate cravings? Weird. Maybe skipping lunch was part of the reason I couldn’t resist the chocolate I was planning on saving. I’m still waiting for warm weather. Keep getting little teases, and then I look out the window to see snow coming down. Maybe I need to have the bone spurs on my heels surgically removed. Why do I always fail to play violin 7 days in a row? I always miss one somewhere, deciding instead to watch soccer or read on the couch. It’s so much easier to make progress if I play every day. Instead I am stagnant in skill and ability. It feels like I’m developing bad habits and need to figure out a way to catch them myself. This is the first time since I was six that I have not had regular violin lessons.
I’m worried that this blog as a cross cultural window will cease to exist because either there are no more differences that I haven’t already commented on, or I have become accustomed and even new things generally fit the pattern and fail to stand out as different. Oh well, it always was more self centered anyway, which might even be more interesting. I think of textbooks when I think of impersonal cross cultural accounts, but my favorite books always are intensely personal. Not that this comes anywhere near to an actual book. Paid too much rent, part of the reason I’m broke right now. I have $15 in the bank and less than that in my pocket. It’s ok, I get my next living allowance tomorrow or the next day, and I have plenty of food.