Monday, March 31, 2008

budabubump chshhhhhh

All of my students are excited about April fools day.  Need to stay on my guard tomorrow.  Made bread on Saturday.  Planted vegetables on my balcony on Sunday.  Ran into some of my students Saturday evening smoking out at the stadium.  Talked to them for a while, probably teaching them more English in that hour + than I have the whole school semester.  Also got some ground level information about the lack of HIV/AIDS knowledge and why they don't wear seatbelts, think smoking and drinking are ok in moderation, lack of sexual education and so on.  Very interesting.  This week my goal is to teach two environmental lessons to my 8th form and begin investigating how Ukrainian people can communicate with their government in 10th form.  I love these long evenings, time has changed and the sun sets at 19:40, light till 20:30.