Monday, July 21, 2008

The Journey home June 27th-29th

The three of us bought round trip train tickets from Poprad, Slovakia to Budapest because they were cheeper than the one way.  So I used nina's and my return tickets to get to Zita's house and again all the way back to Kosice, Slovakia.  From there I took the bus back to Uzhgorod, retracing my steps back to Lviv and Velyki Mosty.  It was a long journey including a long conversation with a Ukrainian journalist who was absolutely pissed at the slow progress of Ukraine and wished he had been born in another country.  He thought that it was a mistake have drawn the borders in a way that put Uzhgorod in Ukraine rather than Slovakia.  His English was excellent and indeed he did not remind me of many Ukrainian men I have met.  Then there was a huge downpour of rain and hail which I waited out hunched up inside of an atm.  Unfortunately my boney but was not lucky enough to punch the keypad in a way to make money come out.  When I finally got back to my site on Saturday, I decided to stay through my soccer game on sunday and the European Championships Final and go to my next camp a day late on Monday morning.  The trip down through Ivano Frankivsk made me miss the fast trains in Slovakia and Hungary alot.  How does it take 6 hours to go 200km?  Hmm, this brings me almost to July, with 4 minutes of internet left...