Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Wow, a post in presentish tense

After returning from the lakes, I am quite happy to have a week in my town to unwind and clean clothes. I feel guilty seeing all of my neighbors and knowing that I have probably already travelled to more places in their own country than they will see in their whole life.  I had to restock my fridge, but think I may have gotten too much stuff seeing as I have other camp that starts in 6 days and I have to move out of my apartment at the end of August.  I should be working on my stores of grains and flour, so I don't have to move them.  I have not found another apartment yet, but it's really up to my school director anyway.  I have heard rumors that I will be moving into a building on her property, which is fine, but will not be nearly as convenient as living in the very center of town. 
 
I am reading some short stories by Gogol, known as a Russian author, he was actually born in Ukraine.
 
My violin playing is pretty rusty.
 
My soccer team lost again on Sunday, despite me being there.  We simply don't pass quickly enough. Many players were absent at weddings or on vacation.  This loss takes us out of first place in our league and sends us to tied with 5th.  I am really out of soccer shape, and the day after the game, I had trouble walking, mostly because of my achilles.  I've decided to start physical therapy but have to wait until after the camp season so I can complete a sesson uninterupted.
 
So, one more summer camp, taking three students from my town, teaching environmental ethics and leadership.  Then Sam will arrive and we will make a quick loop through Romania on a whirlwind tour.  Then it's time to report back to school for lesson planning, teachers meetings and remodling.  Hopefully I can avoid all fumes and work only on outside projects.
 
I'm excited for the olympics and need to find a tv to catch the running events.
 
What else is going on? I guess just a week to unwind a bit and get organized for the last part of summer.  How is time moving so fast?