Friday, July 25, 2008

The week of Interweb

My fourth internet session in one week. If only I was permitted to upload pictures...  It's pretty easy really, just 30 min north on a packed bus, a 10 minute walk and the internet club is nice before all the teenibopers come in to play online games in the afternoon.
 
Mainly this week is just resting between camps.  I've reaquainted with my violin, studied Ukrainian every day, read a few books including some Gogol short stories, and begun trying to use up my solid kitchen stocks (flour, sugar, salt, oil, oats, potatoes, lots of other grains).  It is now definite that I will be moving to a new apartment by September 1st.  Nobody knows where this new apartment will be.  My landlady's other daughter is coming back from a nearby village so that her son can attend our school, a bit better than the village school. Of course eating this stuff doesn't make sense in the fruit vegetable season, where everything else is fresh and cheep, so I'll probably just leave it in the apartment, or carry it to wherever I'm moving to. 
 
The kids I'm taking to the next camp (two girls from University and my most talented 7th grader, Dima) I'm working at don't have sleeping bags or pads yet and we're leaving on Monday.  I'm excited for this next camp because it is already well organized, and I know alot of the other volunteers who will be there, people who just get stuff done, in a cheerful manner, without complaining.
I'm teaching environmental ethics, I think I already said that.  Also have to come up with a bunch of icebreakers.
 
And right after that camp Sam is coming. Romania...?