Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Yet more fun, Shatsk Lakes National Park

If you look a map of Ukraine up in the northwest corner near the borders with Belarus and Poland, you will see some lakes.  These are filled with clear water and surrounded by forests.  A friend from language refresher invited me because he had been invited by some friends from his site.  The tent area was a bit dirty and stinky because people didn't use the dumpsters and the toilets were so gross that many people made their own out in the woods, so there is room for improvement.  The weather also didn't cooperate as we would have liked, only about 6 hours of sunshine the whole time.  But it was nice to hang out at camp, on the beach and in the forest.  We also walked 9km to a more secluded lake and found it to be much cleaner and if I go back, that's where I'll make camp.  I am now an expert at baking potatoes under a campfire. I know this is not very impressive.